Who We Are:
The Curious Oyster is a seafood house focused on the intersection between creativity and traditionalism. We partner with recovery and sustainability programs that share our passion and respect for America’s coasts.
The Curious Oyster is part of the White Oak Hospitality family of brands. We are more than a group of restaurants dedicated to excellent service and delicious food. We are a high-performance team comprised of a variety of individuals, personalities, and skillsets. Our culture is driven by a highly energized team that shares a set of core values empowering our team members to be the best versions of themselves. Team member success is our goal, we recruit top talent to develop and promote from within. We aim to offer memorable experiences for our guests and teams, with the end goal of gaining lifetime supporters who become part of our White Oak family.
We are building our Kitchen Team for our family of brands and are currently searching for an energetic Line/Prep Cook who will assist with the daily operations of the Curious Oyster team.
The restaurant is located in Nottingham, MD in the fun and vibrant White Marsh area. You will report to the General Manager.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooking and presenting food that maintains White Oak Hospitalities standard of excellence
- Maintaining all equipment to the highest standards
- Punctuality and precision in the kitchen
- Producing consistent plating on a daily basis
- Follow all health guidelines regarding hot and cold holding, sanitation, and proper cooking techniques
- Must have a passion for cooking
- Desire to excel beyond being just a line cook
- Positive attitude
- Motivated to work within a team environment
- Hold your teammates accountable for high standards
- Reliable transportation
- 1-year experience in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen
- Prolonged periods of standing and moving around the restaurant at a fast pace
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each area at the restaurant’s facilities.
Benefits of Working Here:
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to ensuring team members and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Base Pay: $15/ hour starting pay, with yearly increases based on performance. Higher starting pay may be available to those that possess exceptional skill and talent. Dedicated cooks who display exceptional talent and a penchant for success will be granted more responsibilities with opportunities for higher pay and promotions.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Free Logo Wear
- Discounts on food
- Paid/Sick Time Off
- 401(k) plan & Company Match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply Now!